Thursday, September 12, 2013

Halloween Magnetic Frame

I am a big fan of magnetic DIY frames!! I have made more than one in my lifetime. LOL!! What can I say I LOVE them A LOT!!!! So I would like to share with all of you a super fun Halloween one I made using a method called crackling wood. To do this yourself all you will need is crackling paint.

TUTORIAL:

1. Paint your wooden frame white acrylic paint and let it dry.

2. Paint over with the crackle paint. Make sure to let this completly dry or the crackling won't work.

3. Paint over the dried crackle paint with Black acrylic paint. Make sure to use the one stroke method on your frame for the black paint or you wont see the crackle look come through your frame.

I LOVE how the crackled look gives it a fun and SPOOKY look to it.













So What do you think?! So what are you creating for Halloween? I would love to hear about it or see.

2 comments:

jelly andrews said...

I will definitely make one for Halloween. This is really spooky but in a cool way. I love it. Thanks for this DIY idea.

Austin Rojas said...

Thanks for writingg this